As you might know Craig W.(rong) is currently trying to «get» ownership over the BTC Whitepaper. I know this venture might seem ridiculous and harmless, but I believe it can be dangerous because of it's populistic nature. Alongside with the possible lack of understanding and/or caring of legal institutions it might have a considerable damaging effect. This is why I try to understand some more:
- As I understand it the Software has been published under an MIT public license - Doesn't this affect the copyright situation of the Whitepaper as well?
- The Original Whitepaper lists «Bitcoin.org» on it's first page - Doesn't this mean who ever runs this domain, owns the copyright alongside with »Satoshi Nakamoto« (if there is a copyright at all)?
- Why does C.W. pursues his claims in England?
- Doesn't mean the fact that the Whitepaper was published online and for free under a Pseudonym, that whoever published it, clearly has no intention of any copyright claim?
- Do Satoshis E-Mails contain any clue about his/her/their intentions regarding the whitepaper?
I am aware these are a lot of questions and I will research them myself as well, but maybe someone has an answer to one or more of them at hand. Thank you in advance!