Are there any benefits of above setup after taproot is activated that improve privacy in any way?
What is the setup?
- 3of3 multisig address with 0.1 BTC unspent
- Alice, Bob and Carol own the keys for it. Alice wants to send bitcoin to another 3of3 multisig address mentioned in red on the right.
- Tx1 is RBF enabled transaction with 1 output of 0.1 BTC (Bob) and 1 input (Alice)
- This is replaced by Tx2 with 1 output of 0.1 BTC (Carol) and 1 input (Bob)
- Tx3 is replacement for Tx2 which has:
- 2 outputs: Carol (0.1 BTC) and 3of3 multisig destination (0.1 BTC)
- 2 inputs: Carol (0.1 BTC) and 3of3 multisig origin (blue)(0.1 BTC)
Why not do step 5 and skip everything else?
Difference: If someone is saving mempool logs and these transactions are present in it, Tx2 and Tx1 will be known and linked with Tx3 (all having different inputs and outputs)
How is it related to Taproot?
Using multisig in any privacy related project doesn't make sense if transactions look different from others.