I'm trying to build a small website that takes payments using a lightning invoice. I want to do this without running a full node (or pruned node if possible) on my server to keep costs down. I'd be happy with any of three types of solutions:
- Install a custodial lightning wallet on my server with a CLI or REST API to generate and check the status of a lightning invoice. Electrum could work, but I didn't see invoice generation in the docs.
- I already run a full node on Umbrel, but I'm not sure how to securely expose lnd's http api to the internet.
- Use someone else's full bitcoin node to back lnd on my server, or use a custodial lightning wallet with an api.
I'm open to suggestions, I'm very new to the space and learning lots all the time.
- lightning-charge uses c-lightning, which requires a full node.
- FeatherLight looks like it would do what I want as a standalone service, but again, I'd have to host a full node.
- LightningHub API Seems like it could work if I set up a BlueWallet.
- LND Hub provides multiple users access to a single lnd instance.