- A few days ago I requested a BTC withdrawal on Binance, I used a bc1p address and the request went through as usual without any issue or warning. (my first time using taproot address).
- Binance checked the transaction as completed and provided Txn id.
- I noticed the funds didn't arrive and went to check the Txn id and noticed my address wasn't listed as beneficiary but a completely different address had received the exact same amount as I requested.
- Requested Binance chat support and They say taproot is not supported and Their system automatically transform/convert to a BC1Q (native segwit) address.
- Since then Binance admit to have fixed withdrawal to not allow taproot addresses to be used.
Of course all this is something beyond usual and They're trying to convince me it's my fault and I keep on fighting for They to assume Their responsibility.
Question 1: is it actually possible for them to convert a BC1P public address into a BC1Q address without having access to my private key or xpub? How?
Question 2: is it possible for me to recover the funds they sent to that address? How? (I'm currently waiting on Ledger support to see if They can help)