I have never been able to successfully send BTC from my wallet in Bitcoin Core. I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I could not find a sufficient match to my problem, due to most problems involving the TX fees being too low, folks mixing up TX fee rates with static TX fee amount, etc.
In my case I have tried to send various amounts to various different wallets. I have not only used the recommended 2 block rate that Bitcoin Core recommends, but I have also significantly increased that rate even to 10X the amount of BTC/kB that the UI recommends. Even with extreme high rates, the transactions never get confirmed even after a few hours.
Note that I have successfully sent BTC between various other wallets (coinbase, coinme, exodus) at normal TX fee rates, including during the periods where the aforementioned high free transactions in Bitcoin Core were sitting unconfirmed. Therefore, I believe the problem is not related to transaction fees (but if you have some specific test related to fees you think I should try, I'll do it).
Additional notes: I can receive funds in the wallet without issue, and those appear correctly in Bitcoin Core along with their confirmations. The network indicator icon at the bottom of the window indicates a good connection to the Bitcoin network, with all four "arms" highlighted.
Some information about the system:
- This is running on a Raspberry Pi 4B (2GB RAM model).
- The OS is Raspbian 11 "Bullseye", armv7l (32 bit).
- The version of Bitcoin Core is 24.0.1 (installed via snap).
- The datadir is on an external SSD connected via one of the highspeed USB ports.
- Connection to the internet is through Tor proxy (also running on the same system)
Let me know in the comments if you need any additional information or if there are some specific tests that I can try to help with troubleshooting the problem. If this is a duplicate, I apologize (please link me to the solution if it is already answered)
EDIT #1: Some additional information from the comments:
- None of the transactions sent from the wallet ever confirm, no matter how long I wait
- Searching for the transaction IDs on a block explorer, they are not found
- The node has been running since around December (never off more than a couple days at a time)
- The block index stays up to date
- I originally was only running it as a full node to contribute to decentralizing the network, and only in the last week have I started looking at using it for the wallet features
EDIT #2: Most recent attempted transaction:
Amount: 0.00200000 BTC
Tx fee (Custom): 0.00250000 BTC per kilobyte
Transaction fee (0.141 kB): 0.00035250 BTC
Total Amount: 0.00235250 BTC