Why did this transaction take so long to be put in a block?
I initiated a 7 BTC transfer at 6:13 PM Eastern Time from Coinbase to an external address in an over the counter transaction today. It was put in a block 4.5 hours later (10:42 Eastern Time)
Not conducive to doing business at all :(
I checked /tried these things:
- I saw many blocks had been mined since my transaction was initiated at Coinbase.
- I saw there was a fee on the transaction
- I tweeted an inquiry to Coinbase
- I saw Coinbase was connected to 118 peers
- I saw other Coinbase transactions posted after mine confirmed within 20 minutes.
- I tried to manually broadcast the raw transaction on blockchain
- I read Coinbase blog post that they had slow confirms in February.