Have been investigating some of the gateway apps and offline systems that are being developed. I was wondering what is the most secure way for a business to conduct itself. Let's use a bar as an example.
I would assume a strategy like this would be a start.
- Owner creates a cold storage wallet with some read only addresses. I am thinking as this being the safe. (maybe even print some out so employees can easily cash out)
- The bar then has an online accessible wallet.
- He outfits his mobile devices running one of the online gateways or maybe even the electrum wallets.
- Patron is ready to pay, the employee rings up the bill and says $xx.xx
- The employee and the patron do their transactions.
Here is the question...
How often should the employee dump the coin into the cold storage safe? I would think they would need some in case they needed to reimburse a customer.
What do you guys think is the optimal way for a business of anytime, customers or not should handle their coin?