Back when I signed up with bitcoin and received 2 bitcoins, I haven't done anything with my account/wallet since 2010 is there a way for me to access my bitcoins or have they been lost, I still have the same email address, thanks
IF you still have your wallet:
- This means you still have your private key
- This also means you have your public key (you call it the same email address i assume)
- syncronize the blockchain on your bitcoin client in case of using bitcoin-qt. This will take some time (+-2 days)
- Copy your public key and go to blockchain website and past you key in the search bar. This will show you if the bitcoins still exist.
- In case they still exist on the blockchain then once the blockchain has been syncronized and completed it will also appear in your wallet.
If you lost your wallet and you never wrote your private and public key down then they are lost for ever!