Let me introduce my idea.
- sizeof( Blockchain ) = 16Gb
- Downloading of one avi film 16GB from the pirate bay ( 5mb/s ) = 2-3 hours
- Downloading of bitcoin's blockchain ( 5mb/s ) = 2-3 days
- One day = 6 * 24 = 144 blocks.
- Drag - cryptography.
- Accelerate boot of fresh client to the torrent speed. Similar to Bootstrap.
As I can see, downloading of blockchain is the same hard as mining, because there is every time recalculation of hash, comparing, checking of signs, etc...
What if client will only download this 144 blocks for a day and one super block with 144 hashs of the last valid blocks, thereafter only compare current wallet's addresses with addresses in this 144 blocks without any calculation of its hash.
Is there any alt-coin with such accelerator?
E.g. this super blocks might be archived into another ultra-block for a month. Than we have similar to sha(sha(text)) cascade shield against bruteforce attack.
Downloading of blockchain should takes at max the same time as downloading of 16GB avi from the pirate bay. Say, 5mb/s internet channel + p2p / 16 Gb = 2, may be 3 hours ( in the
no peers case ), but I spent 2 - 3 days, and I see that this is no internet speed reason, it is CPU + harddisk very very hard job.