I'd like to convert my Blockchain.info wallet to a local Bitcoin-qt wallet. How can I do that? (I am fine with using command line tools.)
The way I go about it is as follows:
- Login to Blockchain.info and choose export
- Export data as BITCOIN QT
- Note the private key in the form 5Hxxxx or 5Kxxxx or 5Lxxxxx. Copy and paste this string (or hand write it to be safer; it's case sensitive and has no 0/O, l/I)
- Open Bitcoin QT; click help>Console
- Type importprivkey PRIVKEY NAME where PRIVKEY is what was copied and pasted and name is the name for the address eg MAIN1
- If wallet.dat is encrypted you'll need to type: walletpassphrase PASSWORD 180
- Be sure to encrypt your wallet again
- Move funds from Blockchain wallets to a new address in case you're concerned about malware monitoring copy/paste
protected by Community♦ Jan 9 '15 at 21:56
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?