I've been going through
main.cpp in order to roughly find out which function calls the best block and I found out depending on situation there are several similar-sounding function names and code extracts that I suspect of calling the best block.
Here's my list:
- CBlockIndex *pindexBestKnownBlock
- uint256 CCoinsView::GetBestBlock () const
- CBlockIndex* pindexBestHeader
- CBlockIndex* pindexBestForkTip
- // move best block pointer to prevout block
Now my question: Which one of the list items above can I use and modify in a way that calls a block that is n blocks deeper than the best block on the same blockchain?