In my case a store owner has different POS terminals. On none of the terminals should be a private key stored! The owner has one wallet, where he wants to get all transactions aggregated, done on the POS terminals.
According to my reasearch I came up with 2 possibilities:
- Stealth addresses (BIP 63), which to my knowledge is not implemented anywhere in a library, so that I could use it easily.
- Master Public Key: E.g. the electrum wallet gives you an MPK by which one could derive addresses (through HD Derivation).
Now to my questions:
- Is there any other approach one could generate addresses without a private key available?
- Are there any problems one could face with the MPK derivation approach?
- Which wallets expose the MPK and furthermore which wallets get a notice of transactions done to addresses derived outside of their knowledge (however from the seed they know)?