Anyone reading discussions in the Bitcoin scene these days probably has seen the following argument (or similar):
"Blockstream is preventing a blocksize increase because their products can only turn profit in a small block environment."
What evidence is there to support or refute this statement?
PSA (as per our rules):
- Be open-minded. This question will likely generate diverse answers that may not align with your personal opinion.
- When answering this question, back up all statements you make with appropriate references and evidence.
- Answers will be edited/moderated for tone. Stay respectful and courteous.
- Avoid statements solely based on your opinion.
- Logical fallacies will be called out.