Before asking the question I'll better introduce what I am doing:
- Antminer S7 (Bought from BitMain)
- BitMain PSU (Bought from BitMain)
- 220V & 10-16A & 3*0.75mm^2 Power Cord for the PSU
- A DAIYO laptop power protector which supports 10-16A & 250V
Yesterday, I received my Antminer S7, so when I had connected the PCI pins I connected the PSU's power cord with the laptop power adapter.
Then the Antminer powered up with variable fan speed. I connected the network cable and when I was going to my PC to configure the Antminer it just powered off. I am not sure which one powered off first, the PSU or the Antminer but they both had turned off.
I ran to unplug the Power Cord (It was very hot), so I thought that the power cord may have burned. To test that I connected it to my computer's psu and my computer didn't power up. So I think that it was burned, but 30min later my father tested it again and this time my computer powered up.
- Can you tell me what the problem could be?
- What made my Antminer to turn off automatically?
- Someone told me I should have used a 3*1.5mm^2 Power Cord, is that the answer?
- Could the Antminer have been damaged?