So it's a known problem that blockchain.info's api only allows a gap of 20 unpaid addresses, which sucks and makes their api almost completely worthless. But I was thinking how could I make my own receive payments method with their other not so restricting API's. and I came up with this Idea but I'm not sure if it'll work and I need someone who has expierance with their api to tell if it will.
so here's my idea:
- First I create a new address for when a user creates an account
- I save the new deposit address to the users database entry
- when the user views the deposit address the user is able to press a refresh button to check if the transaction is arrived with the needed confirmations.
- or the client sends a request to the server every 10mins to see if the transaction was sent and confirmed.
- if it arrived we create a new address and save this as the new deposit address and add the amount sent to the balance.
- the loop continues without any gap problems!
will this work or am I missing something. thank you.