I found a similar question, but rather outdated in my opinion: How to get instant notification of any Bitcoin transaction involving a specific public address as recipient without knowing the wallet or private key
I have a bitcoind running, however don't have any funds managed by it. I want to run a script by any transaction, which is going to one of my (many) addresses. All the addresses are not part of the bitcoind wallet.
The following I want to achieve:
- Configure bitcoind with a list of my addresses (not part of the wallet), might be around 200
- Remove some addresses (if not needed anymore) from watch notifications
- Notifiy a script when a transaction to one of my addresses arrives (mempool transaction, no confirmations)
- Notifiy when a transaction gets confirmed (first time, maybe also sixth time)
- Newest version of bitcoin core (can be updated)
- Scripts in PHP (could be other programming language with bindings to bitcoind)
Basically, I want to get the notification to the respective script. All relevant information can be crawled via the RPC API. However polling the bitcoind needs to be eliminated.