Thanks for any link/author+title. I prefer max. 2 years to the past if possible. If you know about some book that will be published in the near future, you can mention it too.
A new book called Bitcoin Step by Step is out on Kindle.
It will get users started safe and secure in the Bitcoin market place. It takes them screen by screen
- on how to set up a wallet securely
- Funding an account
- sending / receiving BTC
- Extracting BTC to currency
- Where they can spend BTC
- How they can earn BTC
Bitcoin was barely around 2 years ago;).
Currently to my knowledge the closest thing to a Bitcoin book is my master thesis on Bitcoin. It focuses on analysing the security of Bitcoin software and the ecosystem, but a lot of people find it to be a good read even for beginners. It is in English, but wasn't published anywhere but a couple prints for my studies and online.
If you're into more of the programmatic side of Bitcoin check out "Mastering Bitcoin" coming out soon from O'Reily Media.
You can get the "raw and unedited" version for free, just search for it on Google. (it's legal and downloadable from O'Reily Media)
Peter Surda is writing a book which if I understand correctly, will explain the foundations of money and how they relate to Bitcoin.
In addition, coindl.com lists several eBooks, some of them are about Bitcoin. Examples:
- "A Beginner's Guide To Bitcoin And Bitcoin Services" by Trace Mayer, J.D.
- "A Lawyer's Take On Bitcoin And Taxes" by Trace Mayer, J.D.
- "You Can Learn Bitcoin" by David R. Sterry.
- "Introduction to Bitcoin Mining: A Guide for Gamers, Geeks and Everyone Else" by David R. Sterry.
- "Bitcoin - What It Is and Why It Matters" by Anthony Freeman.
Le Bitcoin Book (in French) written by Pierre Noizat is available here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/pierre-noizat/bitcoin-book/paperback/product-20477450.html
Published under creative commons license.
What's the deal with Bitcoins is THE book to read to learn about bitcoins. On Amazon and at http://bitcoins.peopletested.com
Owning Bitcoin covers Bitcoin in both theory and practice:
- Elliptic curve cryptography
- Hash funtions
- Network operation
- Advanced contracts
- Cold storage using Electrum