I want to create a single bitcoin address to which I can send and receive funds too. Using the bitcoin-core console, I typed in the following:
Output: Address: mhYC9ybAa2aHivEjYzyp7WcMXtpcmJvgV2
Input: validateaddress mhYC9ybAa2aHivEjYzyp7WcMXtpcmJvgV2
Output: Public Key: 02b33243d76c40e310a4214d8459f59d569f19f5804a26f0e1d70cf28d605411b3
Input: dumpprivkey mhYC9ybAa2aHivEjYzyp7WcMXtpcmJvgV2
Output: Private Key: cRYUqjikPgyVsWGfL26Q2i26vAAizgurajhW8mBZf2mRCM9NKf5W
- Are those 3 values all I need to save to ensure I can easily send and receive funds?
- To receive funds, do I need to use the [Address] or the [Public Key] value?
- The [Public Key] seems to be a hex value, and the Private Key seems to be a hash value, is it possible to extract the hex value of the [Private Key] using bitcoin-core console?
- The above values were created on the testnet.
- I understand that technically I only need to save the [Private Key] and can generate the [Public Key] from the [Private Key]
- I understand that I will have to specify a change address so I don't lose any balance if I do not spend the total amount.