I would like to use Western Union to buy some Bitcoins. I have carefully read Bitcoin's wiki page about buying Bitcoins now I'm after users' input about which service they would recommend. There's a lot of services and I am just after the quickest and safest (like everyone I guess). Could, you guys, recommend a service you find to be the best please?
Western Union is a hassle and is expensive. Bitcoins Direct was accepting WU payments until just a couple days ago. In the U.S., about the last exchange to accept WU (USD) for bitcoins is:
In the EU there is an exchange that accepts WU (EUR):
There are also some others. For instance:
As far as other options, the factors relevant to providing the right advice include:
- Where are you located (country)?
- How much are you looking to buy?
- What payment methods do you have available?
- How soon do you need access to the proceeds?
- Is privacy important?
Quite simply, depositing cash at a bank or 7-11, Walmart, CVS is going to be the fastest and easiest way.
- http://www.BitInstant.com (Deposit at major banks, 7-11, Walmart, CVS, Moneygram, etc.,)
- http://www.BitMe.com (Deposit cash at Chase)
- http://www.BitFloor.com (Deposit cash at Chase or Wells Fargo)
- http://www.bitinnovate.com (Deposit cash at a bank in Australia & New Zealand)
- http://www.CAVirtEx.com (Deposit cash at several banks)
- http://www.Spendbitcoins.com (Deposit cash at a bank in Australia)
- http://BitcoinNordic.com (Purchase CashU or UKash in dozens of countries)
- http://www.BTC-E.com (Deposit cash (USD) at bank locations in Russia)
- http://www.BitNZ.om (Deposit cash (NZD) at back locations in New Zealand)
- http://www.BitInstant.com (In Brazil using Boleto or Banco Recomendito, or in Russia, using Qiwi or Cyberplat.)
Also, Bitcoins Direct will accept cash, but they have a $500 minimum order size:
- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094.0 (Deposit cash at Bank of America, Wells Fargo or PNC, minimum $500)
Or you might find a local trade (paying cash):
The fees aren't trivial but you can use a credit card to purchase by using VirWoX where you can buy SLL using your credit card, then trade SLL for BTC:
Or if you are considering a bank transfer, there all kinds of options are available:
There is also #bitcoin-otc where you can connect with sellers via IRC:
Buying bitcoin with western union westernuniontobitcoins.com is very easy, being one of the few that allows you to transfer money online directly to bank account or to a person authorized to raise money from an office W.U
You probably will have the best luck on Bitcoin OTC. It's a service allowing you to trade person-to-person, so you can use any means that someone else will find acceptable.
protected by Community♦ May 25 '13 at 8:15
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?