I would like to use Western Union to buy some Bitcoins. I have carefully read Bitcoin's wiki page about buying Bitcoins now I'm after users' input about which service they would recommend. There's a lot of services and I am just after the quickest and safest (like everyone I guess). Could, you guys, recommend a service you find to be the best please?
Western Union is a hassle and is expensive. Bitcoins Direct was accepting WU payments until just a couple days ago. In the U.S., about the last exchange to accept WU (USD) for bitcoins is:
In the EU there is an exchange that accepts WU (EUR):
There are also some others. For instance:
As far as other options, the factors relevant to providing the right advice include:
- Where are you located (country)?
- How much are you looking to buy?
- What payment methods do you have available?
- How soon do you need access to the proceeds?
- Is privacy important?
Quite simply, depositing cash at a bank or 7-11, Walmart, CVS is going to be the fastest and easiest way.
- http://www.BitInstant.com (Deposit at major banks, 7-11, Walmart, CVS, Moneygram, etc.,)
- http://www.BitMe.com (Deposit cash at Chase)
- http://www.BitFloor.com (Deposit cash at Chase or Wells Fargo)
- http://www.bitinnovate.com (Deposit cash at a bank in Australia & New Zealand)
- http://www.CAVirtEx.com (Deposit cash at several banks)
- http://www.Spendbitcoins.com (Deposit cash at a bank in Australia)
- http://BitcoinNordic.com (Purchase CashU or UKash in dozens of countries)
- http://www.BTC-E.com (Deposit cash (USD) at bank locations in Russia)
- http://www.BitNZ.om (Deposit cash (NZD) at back locations in New Zealand)
- http://www.BitInstant.com (In Brazil using Boleto or Banco Recomendito, or in Russia, using Qiwi or Cyberplat.)
Also, Bitcoins Direct will accept cash, but they have a $500 minimum order size:
- http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094.0 (Deposit cash at Bank of America, Wells Fargo or PNC, minimum $500)
Or you might find a local trade (paying cash):
The fees aren't trivial but you can use a credit card to purchase by using VirWoX where you can buy SLL using your credit card, then trade SLL for BTC:
Or if you are considering a bank transfer, there all kinds of options are available:
There is also #bitcoin-otc where you can connect with sellers via IRC:
Buying bitcoin with western union westernuniontobitcoins.com is very easy, being one of the few that allows you to transfer money online directly to bank account or to a person authorized to raise money from an office W.U
You probably will have the best luck on Bitcoin OTC. It's a service allowing you to trade person-to-person, so you can use any means that someone else will find acceptable.