The banks are creating new digital currency on daily basis. In past government has bailed out banks by printing cash. I've yet to witness loss of confidence in US dollar. There are obvious speculations about it that public will loose confidence in it but right now there is no sign of it.
If government can bail out banks in dire situation like financial meltdown, I don't see any problem of generating new Bitcoin to repay back respective Bitcoin investors to cover for their losses due to government attack on Bitcoin community like above imaginary scenario in Cuba . I believe it will create more confidence in the Bitcoin users knowing that whole community is backing and supporting it. It'll truly empower community, a sense of revolution. If repaying is not an option than Bitcoin community has to find some ways to encourage investors to invest in under developed and high risk countries like Cuba.
I want to emphasis on why this Bitcoin investment is extremely important and powerful concept? Let's say for a while there is a Bitcoin protocol that repay back loss amount to Bitcoin investors or even better remedy system for the ridiculous act by the government to suppress the hopeful and lively self managed Bitcoin community at underdeveloped countries. I along with many Cubans and under developed countries would do the possible following things to take the matter at our own hands and try to change our lives. One could argue about each points for months but let's not focus on that. What I'm trying to highlight is at least there will be hope for change.
- Seize and take control of remote government land to start new Bitcoin community along with 4000 to 10000 people for start. Make sized land free to community.
- Install the Internet.
- Make Bitcoin only accpted currency.
- Immediately ask for the investment from the Bitcoin community. Could get help from respected Bitcoin core representative to approve the community. This is crucial point. Without investment, forming a new community is impossible.
- At the beginning, community will decided on what to build.
- Move 4000 to 10000 people the the location.
- Later, develop the software where the invested money is only invested where the community wants through voting without the need for the central decision authority.
- Install the community owned Bitcoin mining machine. Profit generated by these machines will be paid to investors.
- Develop some sort of agreement or protocol with the newly formed community to repay the invested amount by the generous Bitcoin Community.
Even if this newly formed city is destroyed by the government, investors don't have to worry about the loss since the hypothetical Bitcoin protocol will recover their losses. Community will rise again at new place followed by new investment.
Bitcoin still hasn't yet changed the lives of billions people around the world. I sometimes wounder how it's revolutionary. It has potential to be powerful beyond imagination. If money is source of power for all government than for the first time we have tool at our disposable to fight government money with money and yet it is limited by it's protocol. If technology doesn't enslave us than it's of no use.