As of June 11, 2017:
Mempool History - < Blockchain.info
- the mempool is currently about 50 MB, and
- a week ago, the mempool was about 100 MB.
- The blocks mined per day are about 150, so at 1 MB / block = 150 MB / day of data is added.
This tells me that, if demand for transactions decreases as it has for the last week, from a mempool of ~100MB, it may reach a mempool of zero within a week from today's ~50 MB.
-- Note that the mempool hasn't approached zero since April 16 this year.
- Once it reaches zero, I'm assuming that even if the fee is set to zero, transactions will get confirmed "soon", and definitely within a day. Yes?
- If I'm moving .001 (= $3 US) and specify 3 satoshi as a fee, at what point in time, and is is likely that it will be confirmed at all, when the mempool is at 50 MB?
I know that it increases probability as it ages. However many miners won't touch transactions at all, unless there's a fee attached, OR all the fee-based transactions have been satisfied. Correct?
So, what is PROBABLE TIME with the following mempool sizes would a $3 value / .001 transaction be confirmed with a 3 satoshi fee?
- 50 MB mempool -- = how many days or hours?
- 25 MB "
- 10 MB "
- 5 MB "