I apogolize if this has been asked, I have spent several hours trying to figure this out.
I found an old document of my with a Litecoin Public and Secret key.
- I don't have a
*.datfile, is this a problem?
- I do have The Public key is
- I do have The Private key is
- I am using Litecoin Core Qt - Wallet (Which I used in 2015).
The blockchain is downloaded (About 10GB), yet it just sits here
Q1: Do all I supply is my private key?
- Q2: Is there a way to check balance with any of my keys, or conversions below?
- Q3: Are coins lost if you don't have the
In the Application, I can run the
Debug > Console and run:
# (This is a fake address, but it's in this format) importprivkey "6vpo4RFWLcGhk4VsdFk34K3243K3kdsk4k23k32kAkasdkewkwe" "Jesse"`
The above gives me a "Receivable" key under
Receiving Address which is identical to my Public key (
I used some Online Bitcoin tools to convert the
Public key, I thought I might need to run importpubkey, key it's must be there since it's visible in my
- I'm not sure what for but I was able to get:
- (a) (Address to Hash):
- (b) (Hash to 160 Address Bitcoin, using a):
- (c) (Pubkey to Hash, using a):
I'm not sure what all this means, this is terribly confusing I don't remember how I did this in the past. If anyone could give me a plain answer I'd really appreciate it and I'll be sure to tick it off as correct and settle the issue :)