I want to point Trezor Wallet at my own local node. I'm already running Bitcoin Core, but Trezor Wallet requires Bitcore.
What I have tried:
1. Installing the latest bitcore version according to the guide.
2. Use SatoshiLabs's bitcore fork
SatoshiLabs have made a fork of bitcore for use with Trezor Wallet. This looks very promising, especially as it is designed to work with Trezor Wallet, they have fixed the bug in the Bitpay version, and also added better fee estimates. However it also fails to install on OSX, because the embedded Bitcoin Core build is only packaged for Linux.
I can see four options:
- Go back to trying to get vanilla bitcore working. Find the cause of the crash and fix / workaround.
- Try to get SatoshiLabs' fork working on OSX. Maybe I can use a vanilla Bitcoin Core build instead of the bundled one? Although I'd probably have to spend a lot of time investigating how to set up the dependencies and run the install correctly.
- Forget about OSX and set up a simple Linux server and try again.
- Give up and just let Trezor Wallet use its defaults.
Can I get a working bitcore node on my OSX machine for use with Trezor Wallet? Preferably I'd like to do it without hacking the default config or source code too much.