I've got a transaction from 2017-12-06 that's still unconfirmed - i really need this money now as ive moved house - how can i get this sorted - I am will to pay for help at this point.

Can anyone please help?? Tim.


  • I'm in the same situation. If this info is correct your coins should return in two days: #9312 a72f76c Increase mempool expiry time to 2 weeks (morcos) github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/release-notes/…
    – hermancain
    Commented Dec 18, 2017 at 15:04
  • thanks .... once returned, should i then ry with a higher fee? whats a good fee to make this happen quickly? Commented Dec 18, 2017 at 15:34
  • 2 weeks have past, still nothing, can anybody advise? tried the zap wallet thing, and its just removed the transactions, so theres nothing in my wallet on my mac. the only thing i have to go on is the bitcoin link can anybody help me, am desperate now to get this money - need it for a house move. Commented Dec 20, 2017 at 17:30
  • Now that you've done the zap wallet thing do bitcoind -rescan and the coins should show in your wallet.
    – hermancain
    Commented Dec 23, 2017 at 23:55
  • 1
    @hermancain you are the mother f&^king man - sorted it with that command! killed the old transaction and made a new one with a better fee, now i understand all that bit! thank you soo much dude!!! Commented Jan 11, 2018 at 14:27

1 Answer 1


This question is another duplicate and already answered here by dooode:
Why is my transaction not getting confirmed and what can I do about it?

You have to stop/reverse the old Bitcoin transaction you created without confirmations: Make a backup of your wallet.dat

Run bitcoind or bitcoin-qt with -zapwallettxes=1 option.
This makes the wallet "forget" any unconfirmed transactions, thus enabling you to reuse their inputs. Create a new transaction to make your payment and add an appropriate fee this time.

You can now send the bitcoins where ever you want or you can send them all back to yourself.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.