Please can anyone recover my coins from a dark wallet stealth address, how do i go about recovering the private key?? i have the seed but i don't know what derivation path the stealth addresses are stored, please help me
Dark wallet (https://github.com/darkwallet) is essentially inactive and was alphaware, never meant to be used for production use. It was a grand experiment. Its architectural integration vision with libbitcoin is shown here at this deprecated webpage.
Take a look at https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/1500/what-is-a-stealth-address/1506#1506 to understand what a stealth address really is. Funds sent to a stealth address will require scanning a blockchain for appropriate OP_RETURN address to complete Diffie-Hellman key exchages to calculate private keys. There will be different private keys for each transaction sent using a wallet that supports stealth transactions. The libbitcoin-server (bs) indexes stealth transactions, see https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/wiki/How-to-Initialize. The libbitcoin-explorer (bx) also supports bs stealth interactions, see https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-explorer/wiki/Stealth-Commands. Good luck.
i don't know what derivation path the stealth addresses are stored
According to bitcoin.it
The project gained significant media attention for its use of modern BIP 0032 wallet format
We're still in alpha state, that means we're still changing things a lot and it's not safe at all to use the wallet. ...
You are very welcome to test, just remember the following:
- Write down your seed and be always ready to use it to restore the identity.
- First thing you should do is get familiar with creating and restoring an identity.
- You can do: "create new identity", choose same name as before and restore, this will upgrade your store (you will still need to re add pockets and addresses, contacts etc...)
If you notice strange behaviour after upgrading, you should:
- Restart the background process from darkwallet (from "manage extensions")
- If that doesn't work: Clear Darkwallet storage, (from darkwallet settings), restart chromium
Remember: Your funds are safe as long as you don't lose your seed to restore later.
Other than that we're not making many guarantees.
This project seems to have fizzled out a couple of years ago, so you may find it difficult to find anyone who is able and willing to help ... and honest.