Suppose my private key corresponding to an address is stolen. Is there any way to revoke private key or update the private key?


Generate a new private key, calculate its public key, derive an address from the pubKeyScript and forward your funds protected with your old, compromised private key to the new address protected by your new private key.



Send your funds to a new address generated in a secure environment (HWW, cold storage, etc.)

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.