I am lost sending coins from these Electrum 2of2 multisig wallets. Call them mutisig1 and multisig2. Both wallets have the 2of2 heading, presumably that means they are correctly setup, they were created with their own seeds and then each used the other's seed for multisig.
I use an online watch wallet(using xpub of multisig1 wallet) to create an unsigned send txn, save it to a usb drive. load unsigned txn into multisig1 , sign it , save and export to usb drive. (what is the difference between save and export ?) load signed txn into multisig2. There is no sign option(greyed out) then what ?
I tried 3 methods to send the coins , all 3 different, all 3 worked(confirmed sent), at least 1 was certainly wrong(only 1 sig). Now I'm worried ! I conclude that this does not achieve 2of2 in electrum or I have screwed something up. You can pretty much do anything as long as you have at least 1 sig, it will confirm.
- Online watch wallet-send txn , export to usb
- Offline multisig1 wallet-load unsigned txn, sign, save, export
- Offline multisig2 wallet- load unsigned txn, sign, save, export(this overwrites the prev signed txn file from multisig1 wallet )
- Load signed txn file from step 3 onto watch wallet and broadcast
Test 2 l Only signed on 1 multisig wallet and then broadcast from watch wallet. (sent and confirmed only 1 signature !)
- and 2. are the same, but 3. I just loaded the signed txn on multisig2 and then saved and exported it back. Sign button was greyed out.