I'm struggling to work out how I can setup a channel between two lightning nodes so that I can send a single payment from one node to the other.
I have set up two separate c-lightning nodes connected to two separate bitcoind testnet nodes.
The steps I've taken are:
- Node 1 - lightning-cli connect node2id
- Node 2 - lightning-cli connect node1id
- Node 1 - lightning-cli fundchannel node2-channelid 10000
- Node 2 - lightning-cli fundchannel node1-channelid 10000 (fails with "Peer already CHANNELD_AWAITING_LOCKIN")
- Node 2 - lightning-cli invoice 1000 i1 i1 (fails with "No channels have sufficient incoming capacity")
How can I set up two lightning nodes so that I can send payments from one to the other? It seems like only the first node can fund the channel (I have read there is work in progress to allow dual funded channels but can't say I completely grasp that). But then it seems as if the channel is only funded from one side there's no way payments can be made?