Does anyone know the best way to change bitcoins into pounds (GBP), then do a bank transfer or paypal transfer? I've found some, but they take a week.
The factors that matter for any cash-out decision are:
- Where are you located (country)? (you mention UK)
- How much are you looking to trade?
- What type of cash are you looking to receive? (you mention bank transfer or PayPal)
- How soon do you need access to the proceeds?
- Is privacy important?
Specifically for cash-out to PayPal, options include:
- http://www.FastCash4Bitcoins.com (among the lowest fees, funds not always available though)
- http://www.VirWoX.com (BTC --> SLL, SLL --> USD)
BitBargain is probably your best method:
Or, of course, you have many local cash out methods:
And there are local traders who will buy your coins:
You might be able to find someone willing to trade over-the-counter (OTC) but you only want to do this with a trusted counterparty. The #bitcoin-otc marketplace's Web of Trust (WoT) will help as it has a trust history.
- http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#bitcoin-otc-uk <-- Specific to UK
Here are more cash-out options: