I want to know how to use r,s,z sign and pubkey hex of a raw transaction to get the private key hex

closed as too broad by arubi, 0xb10c, chytrik, Penquin, Anonymous Jan 13 at 2:19

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


This is not possible.

If a private key was trivially recoverable based on just a single signature, it would not be a very useful system (such systems do exist, such as IOTA, where keys can be recovered quite easily, but they take other steps to avoid it).

An edge case exists when duplicate r values are used, which does allow for key recovery. Pieter Wuille has an excellent answer detailing how to do that here.

  • Raghav I want to know how to get duplicate r – G cute Dec 26 '18 at 10:17
  • @G Cute it requires the owner of the key to use broken software that reuses nonced. – Pieter Wuille Dec 26 '18 at 10:30
  • Raghav do you know how to use hex calculator – G cute Dec 26 '18 at 10:35
  • I don't understand – G cute Dec 26 '18 at 10:36
  • @pieter wuille how do I get the broken software that reuses nonced – G cute Dec 26 '18 at 10:37

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.