For a research project I'm trying to detect the major technical differences between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. I know that BCH uses a larger block size and does not support SegWit. But what other differences are there?
I know this is a broad question - I'm looking for an overview only, not an exhaustive, detailed list.
In particular, but not exclusively, I'm interested in:
- Which features are only implemented in one of both chains?
- Do the data structures differ (blocks, transactions, inputs, outputs)?
- Is there a difference in which script instructions are supported?
- What about addresses and address types?
- Do both chains commonly implement the same BIPs or are BIPs usually exclusive to one chain? Is there a list of which BIPs are implemented in which chain?
- Overall, what's the best approach to track past and future changes in both chains? Can you recommend any resources on that issue?
Finding differences by looking at the code does not seem practical to me given the time it'd take me to pinpoint and understand all changes. I used
git log --oneline master --reverse on both chains and diffed the results to get some insight, but it's still hard to detect changes that are relevant to me.