I've read alot of questions before I posted this... What I want to do is take my wallet from blockchain.info that contains a few bitcoins, and "store" it offline, however I have some specific questions if anyone can help:
- I understand creating a paper wallet from blockchain.info's My Wallet. However, if I do this then won't any sensitive data still possibly be saved on their server(s), therefore rendering the paper wallet not completely secure?
- In a partial answer to my first question, they have a way to generate and offline bitcoin address and corresponding private key. So would it be best to do that, and then from blockchain.info's My Wallet should I then send all bitcoins to this new bitcoin address, effectively eliminating any wallet that is saved in my account on that site? If that is the case, then:
- would I even need a wallet? If my "paper wallet" shows the bitcoin address and its' corresponding private key, then is that all I need to put in a safe? just the bitcoin address that I sent all coins to from my wallet, and then that addresses private key?
- should I delete any backups of the previous wallet that originally had the coins that I sent to this newly created offline address?
- should I then close/delete my entire account on blockchain.info?
Forgive me if I sound redundant, but I guess I'm wondering if all I need to do is a "transaction" from my online wallet to a newly created 'offline' bitcoin address? In 10 years, in order to access these coins, I ONLY need that new bitcoin address and its private key?