Here's goes the steps that lead me to a wallet passphrase error:
OS: Mac Mojave (64bits)
- Started bitcoin-qt app to sync (long outdated)
- While managing to solve disk size errors (external drive), I updated bitcoin-qt to the latest version (18), but not sure what the previous one version was (perhaps 16.0).
- As soon sync finished, I choose to encrypt my wallet :(.
- I saved my passphrase, as it was created (100% sure!). To make sure it works, I changed the passphrase twice, but making sure the last change was the one I saved previously.
- As bitcoin base was huge in my external drive, I set prune mode on (550).
- All set, asked to received from my exchange.
Finally, when I tried to send the received amount, bitcoin-qt asked me the wallet passphrase, were I got the wrong passphrase error...
Is the only cause for that the wrong passphrase ? I mean, I'm sure I have typed the right one...