I had money sent to my wallet and couldn’t remember my encrypt password. I had my 12 word recovery phrase written down but it’s abbreviated. I deleted my wallet which I shouldn’t have done because I’m sure I would have figured out the encrypt password by now and I’m going crazy with this recovery phrase. The way I store is 6 rows 2 words per row. 1st problem is I don’t know the order, it could go: left right left right... left right right left.... right left right...right left left right. 6 of the words I’m 100%. 4 words have 3 possible options. 1 has 2 options and the last could be a number of things. I have the address that I had the money sent to (probably doesn’t help). I know the name of the wallet (sure that doesn’t mean shit) At this point I’m sure if I just knew the first and last word(the order) I’d figure it out. I’d pay someone if I wasn’t certain they would take it plus how would they figure it out. I’ve seen people that charge 10% but why wouldn’t they take it all? What can I do? Is there a way to know which of my first two words are first
What can I do?
You could find tools that automate the trying of various combinations of seed-words. Some are mentioned in similar questions here. For example btctools, btcrecover. Use them or adapt them to your needs.
- Lost my Bitcoin wallet and have only 11 out of 12 mnemonic seed phrase words. How can I get my Bitcoins?
- Need help to recover blpckchain.info wallet, my wife forgot her password and the brute force with btcrecover is not catching the password
- Not involve other people in this.
- Not use software I can't build from source code I read and understand.
- Not use the software on a computer that is connected to any network.
If I had no success after a solid year of trying every day, I'd consider handing the problem over to a third party I had very thoroughly vetted.
Obviously if the wallet contains $3.65 or some other trivial amount - just forget about it, the time is not worth spending on this.