I made a transaction 2 days ago, (using BitcoinQT 0.8.1-beta on MacOS X) that didn't propagate. I can't find the transaction on blockexplorer or blockchain.info (or anywhere else for that matter) yet. The transaction just sits there in the client, unconfirmed and gobbled up my Bitcoins. The transfer required me to pay a tx fee that I gladly paid.
Status: 0/unconfirmed Date: 06.04.13 22:01 To: Satoshi Dice 78% 1dicec9k7KpmQaA8Uc8aCCxfWnwEWzpXE Debit: -0.40 BTC Transaction fee: -0.0005 BTC Net amount: -0.4005 BTC Transaction ID: 10cfa399f5c0a3c6a36e9678ae7c87af95f38899cfe21c7bd76caebd11a2919b
What I did thus far
- I let the client sit on the network for a couple of hours, hoping for it to re-send the transaction.
- I found this debug thread that suggested to use -rescan, which I did to no avail.
- Then I backed up and deleted all data except the wallet to redownload the blockchain - which also failed to change anything.
- I used the gui console to do a lookup and resend of the transaction using getrawtransaction / sendrawtransaction that resulted in the error below
getrawtransaction 10cfa399f5c0a3c6a36e9678ae7c87af95f38899cfe21c7bd76caebd11a2919b 1 No information available about transaction (code -5) sendrawtransaction 10cfa399f5c0a3c6a36e9678ae7c87af95f38899cfe21c7bd76caebd11a2919b TX decode failed (code -22)
Now I am wondering what went wrong and what steps to take next.
I am aware that similar questions have been posted before, but I think this instance is different because I feel I already exhausted the debug instructions provided in the debug thread. I apologize if I missed anything.