I am trying to create a cold storage, and I'm becoming so paranoid about everything on software and hardware (also afraid of myself forgetting/losing the wallet) related to the setup.
I have read some information online about cold storage setup, and I have come up with these questions:
- What is the safest way to generate bitcoin wallet? From the existing software such as bitcoin-core? electrum? (I thought of writing my own codes to generate bitcoin wallet, but there are so many types of bitcoin wallet BIP32, BIP39, etc which makes me think that it's not a good idea to do so)
- How are we sure that bitcoin-core and electrum is generating a safe wallet? (not pre-seeded)
- Which standard is the safest way to generate bitcoin wallet? BIP32, BIP39?
- Does bitcoin-core uses BIP32 to generate the wallet? if not, which one does it use?
- Does electrum uses BIP39 to generate the wallet? if not, which one does it use? (I read that electrum is using an extended BIP39.
- I also read that bitcoin-core is not using BIP39 because it is not sure, but why BIP39 is still used in many wallets?
- Is it possible that a hardware (CPU, motherboard, SSD, old computer that has been used by me before) is infected with a malware (from previous use or even from the manufacturer)? This malware might be able to mess with the entropy and create something like a pre-seeded wallet?